Friday, June 23, 2006

Why I was gone for so long

I had a clogged duct.

My fifth.

This one got infected--about four hours after I felt it, no kidding--and gave me a raging fever of 104 degrees.

So I've been on antibiotics for a week now, getting my act back together.

The antibiotics have cured the infection. But they have not made the clog go away. I have tried heat, shower, massage, pumping on all fours, and (with my husband's help) pumping upside down. No, we did not take pictures (he was holding the pump, remember?).

What finally seemed to shrink the clog was one of those vibrating back massagers. I placed it directly on the clog a few times a day, and clog shrank drastically.

But it's still there.

My ob says if the clog is still there when I finish the antibiotics, I have a 50-50 chance of getting another infection.

Yay.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blanche and Guy said...

wow! this topic is pretty unreal... I'm amazed there is so little info "out there" about it. kudos to you for looking out for yourself cuz lord knows the medical community is too darn busy to do so!

keep up the writing.

I don't have any kids yet but am thinking more and more about having one in the next few years so hopefully i'll still have your blog bookmarked by then!!!

** came to you via cecily **

Thanks and keep it up!!!

Blanche

p.s. I have no idea what you look like but the image of a husband helping his wife pump upside-down or on all fours is pretty funny! Was it funny at the time? Probably not... ;)

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home