Monday, July 17, 2006

Silly Post as Exhaustion sets in (pleaze 'scuse the swearing)

Why do all pumps have to look so generic? I was thinking about this at 4:30 ai-fucking-em in the morning. My ameda is just a cream color, very plain and bare. Not very interesting to look at. The pump bag is black, also very unadorned. And as far as I know, the Medela and other pumps are pretty boring looking, too.

Computers used to look all the same, until Apple came out with the iMac, in a gabillion different colors. Cause Apple got smart, and realized that women out there will buy a computer not because of the hardware and software inside--they will make their decision based on whether the computer matches the rest of their furniture. Hence, Apple stock went up.

Why can't the manufacturers of breast pumps learn from this? Wouldn't you love to have a choice in color and style when you have to use your fucking pump nine or ten times a day? Hell, they could even make snap-on covers for the horns, like they have faceplates for cell phones. Feel a little down? Pick the blue. Feel a little funky? Bring on the purple polka dots!

I think this would be a fucking great idea. At least I did at four thirty in the morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

I think that's a fabulous idea.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Lady Epiphany said...

I don't know about the ameda, but the medela's only color are the little nozzles that fit under the horn piece are yellow. At least they could make those colorful.

My medela had an option of horns for larger breasts. Why the heck doesn't the avent? I have a hand pump for downstairs (and out of the house)and keep my pump in style by the bed. The avent one is hard to align with sometimes, particularly if engorged.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home