Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Stats

Back from Darth D.'s four month check-up.

Height: 60th percentile
Weight: 70th percentile

He's already rolling over both ways, "scootching around like a caterpillar," as Darth A. likes to put it, reaching for things, smiling, and cooing, so I'm really not worried about his skills or development.

He's also eating over forty ounces of breast milk a day, which, according to the ped, means I can start him on some rice cereal.

SHWEEEET!

This kid just seems like a leaky bucket, always eating and pooping. He finishes his bottles like there's no tomorrow, and still can't go more than seven hours (at MOST, and it is RARE) at night without a feed. I'm assuming it's because he's eating breast milk, and not formula, since by this age both my other children were already on formula and sleeping a good eight hour stretch at night. Hopefully, with a little rice cereal in his belly at bedtime, he'll be able to sleep a little longer. And really, every little bit makes a huge difference.

The clogged duct has thankfully resolved itself, although the area around the not-dearly-departed clog is still painful and tender. According to my past experiences, of which I have had TOO MANY GOD DAMN IT, that pain should go away in 24-28 hours.

By the way, yes, I have read this post, but no, I am not going to put up a picture of myself pumping. I applaude those women who can "put themselves out there" in the blogging world (and maybe this isn't the right place for quotation marks, since I am being QUITE LITERAL), but I am simply not comfortable with the idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home